Content of the material
| Nissan Altima For Sale |
1,304 Great Deals out of 24,014 listings starting at $1,500
| Honda Accord Coupe For Sale |
94 Great Deals out of 1,346 listings starting at $1,800
| Nissan Maxima For Sale |
310 Great Deals out of 4,879 listings starting at $1,350
Unfortunately, Nissan has an annoying structure for their options packages. The $3,200 3.5 SE “Premium” Package includes HID headlights, leather seats and trim, heated seats, Bluetooth connectivity, premium audio, XM satellite radio, speed-sensitive volume, dual-zone climate, HomeLink an illuminated center console, auto-dimming rearview mirror, and metallic trim.
The problem is that I would only want about half of those options, and to get them, I still have to pay for the ones that I don’t want. There are no individual options aside from the $600 VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) and $2,000 Technology Package (GPS and rear-view camera,) and you must have the Premium package to even get it. Nissan really should make some features of the Premium package optional.
The 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S has an optional moonroof and fog lights, then it’s the same thing: a $1,300 Convenience Package and a $3,800 Premium Package which both include an overflow of options; some of which you want, some you don’t.
Considering how sporty the 3.5 Coupe already is, I start to salivate thinking about a (hopefully) upcoming Altima Coupe SE-R. Toss in the 350Z’s 306 horsepower V6, a sportier suspension, tuned exhaust, sexier wheels, body trim, and darkened taillights, and we’ve got ourselves a bad-ass FWD sport coupe.
At a Glance: 2013 Nissan Altima Coupe
The 2-door Nissan Altima Coupe, like the all-new 2013 4-door Altima Sedan, offers high quality and high value – while adding an extra touch of aggressive coupe styling. The Altima Coupe’s unique exterior design stands out in a crowd of sedan-based 2-door models with magnetic, perfectly proportioned styling and a shorter wheelbase, shorter overall length and lower height than the new-generation Altima Sedan. (For full information on the 2013 Altima Sedan please go to NissanNews.com.)
For 2013, the 2-door Nissan Altima Coupe offers a streamlined lineup with one available model – Altima Coupe 2.5 S CVT. It is powered by a refined 175-horsepower 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder mated to Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT®. In addition, three new colors are offered for the new model year: Metallic Slate, Pearl White and Cayenne Red.
As in previous years, Altima Coupe is offered with a wide range of convenience and technology features, including standard Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition and available leather-appointed seats, 9-speaker Bose® premium audio system, Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, advanced touch-screen navigation system with NavTraffic and NavWeather Real-Time Information services (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately) and RearView Monitor.
Highlights of the 2013 Nissan Altima Coupe include:
- Sporty and sophisticated exterior design
- 4.0-inch shorter wheelbase than Altima Sedan (105.3 versus 109.3 inches) for enhanced style, handling and maneuverability (including a smaller turning radius)
- 10.6-inch shorter overall length, with reduced rear overhang, than Altima Sedan (180.9 versus 191.5 inches)
- 2.2-inch lower overall height than Altima Sedan (55.9 versus 58.1 inches)
- Seven exterior colors are offered: Metallic Slate, Cayenne Red, Crimson Black, Brilliant Silver, Super Black, Navy Blue and Pearl White.
Engine and Driveline
- Refined 2.5-liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder with 175 horsepower (170 hp CAL) and 180 lb-ft torque (175 lb-ft CAL)
- Standard dual exhaust
- Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission) designed for fluid-feeling performance and efficient operation
Suspension, Steering and Braking
- Advanced Nissan “D” front-wheel drive platform
- Independent strut with coil springs front suspension design, equal-length, equal-angle, near parallel to the ground half shafts
- Advanced multi-link independent rear suspension design with an emphasis on nimbleness and good ride comfort
- Front and rear stabilizer bars
- Shock absorbers with rebound springs for secure cornering feel
- Power-assisted vehicle-speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering system provides light effort at low speeds, secure feeling at high speeds
- Power-assisted front vented disc/solid rear disc with standard Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
- 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P215/55R17 tires
- Available Bose® premium audio system – includes a 4.3-inch color display, USB port with iPod® connectivity, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, MP3/WMA CD-ROM playback and SiriusXM Satellite Radio (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately), 9 speakers
- Available Nissan Hard Drive Navigation System with 6.5-inch VGA color display, USB port with iPod® connectivity, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System with audio streaming, advanced map data including speed limit advisories, Zagat Survey® restaurant guide, NavTraffic and NavWeather (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately) and an RCA input for auxiliary audio/video connectivity
- Sporty, comfortable, highly bolstered front seats, front seats storage pockets, inboard release lever (for rear seat passenger convenience)
- Available leather-appointed interior
- Available 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Rear 60/40 split flat fold-down rear seat
- High quality interior feel with refined workmanship, use of soft materials (such as padded armrests) and chrome accents, oversize vanity mirror in driver and passenger side sun visors
- Sporty interior space with innovative amenities, including Fine Vision illumination display instrument panel
- Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition
- Convenient covered storage compartments, cup or bottle holders
- Available Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
- Available Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
- Available RearView Monitor
- Available sliding glass moonroof with sunshade
- Available HomeLink® Universal Transceiver
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt sensors and an occupant classification sensor
- Driver and front passenger side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side impact supplemental air bags for front and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection
- Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Front seat Active Head Restraints
- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Zone Body construction
- Standard Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
- Standard Traction Control System (TCS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Models and Manufacturing
- Available in one well-equipped models: 2.5 S CVT
- Four available option packages: Convenience Package, Premium Package, Leather Package and Technology Package
- Assembled by Nissan North America –Smyrna & Decherd Manufacturing
# # #
The 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe, simply put, is a driver’s car. And a damn good one at that. Exceptionally good-looking inside and out, more than enough power, responsive steering, fun to drive, excellent fit and finish, and affordable. What more could you ask for?
Well, a decent trunk would be nice. So would space enough in the back for people who happen to have legs. I realize it’s a sports coupe, but it’s still mid-size and should have more space than it does.
For the everyday commuter and weekend road-carver, the Altima fares up nicely and fills a gap between the raw-racer 350Z and the family-hauler Altima Sedan. We loved the Altima Coupe, and I would consider buying one myself if I were in the market.
How we help you find the best car
At CARFAX, we collect events from the lives of millions of used cars from 20 European countries, as well as the USA and Canada. We can then create a vehicle history for every car in our database and make it available to you. The information helps you to check sales data, avoid expensive follow-up costs and negotiate a fair purchase price.